The Ridiculously Humongous Pumpkin Blog

This is a blog about growing a ridiculously humongous pumpkin.

8.25.2006

It's been far too long...

But I'm glad to be back with you all...

I'm gonna level with you. The pumpkin is huge:



It's far surpassed my expectations, really, but the thing is probably about as big as it's going to get at this point. It's been a hot summer, and the vines are starting to die off, as is natural once the pumpkin starts to mature:



But there are still parts of the vine, unfortunately not the parts next to the giant pumpkin, that remain alive and are continuing to grow:



Those parts can keep on pumping more nutrients into the Highlander for a while. As long as there's any life in the vine directly feeding the pumpkin, we're going to leave it on there, and let it keep getting ridiculously humongouser. That'll probably be at least a couple more weeks. At that point, we'll have to get the pumpkin off the vine and get an official weight. My estimate at this point is in the range of 250-300 pounds. It outweighs me, I'm almost certain, so really, I'm thrilled.


I'll leave you with me and the pumpkin's future album cover. We haven't started a band yet, but this would look totally sweet:



XOXO

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...yes.

23:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pumpkin's an ass.

09:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update -- I've been on pins and needles wondering how it was going. How will you weigh it when you decide it is done?

16:18  
Blogger rory said...

The pumpkin sort of looks like you...

18:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cover band would play way to much Journey and so we, as your frends, would have to show up to your shows. Eventually we would get sick of it and get really passive aggressive on you and your ass pumpkin

09:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home